Silent Wisdom

Silent Wisdom
Photo by Kim Schulz

Friday, May 17, 2019

The Power of the Mind


A week ago Friday I thought my head was going to explode.  It was an excruciating pain at the left rear base of my head and neck.  My first thought was great, what did I do to cause this?   I could only assume it was the stress of knowing my brother was in the hospital fighting for his life again.

Saturday came and I found myself sitting in the shade on the beach.  The wind was coming in from the South and I visualized the stress from the past week blowing away in the wind.  My headache ceased for the moment, but came back strong on the drive home.

Sunday came and the headache was just as irritating.  IB prophen would only dull the pain, but it wouldn’t rid me of the headache completely.  I began to consider the possibility that the pain was that of my brother.  After all, his brain tumor is located on the left (frontal) part of his head.  I could certainly see where maybe the swelling in his brain could be causing pain at his brain stem too.  Especially since his left brain herniated into the right side of his brain.  

And I have been known to pick up on other people’s pain and habits before.  When I first moved to Florida, I began grinding my teeth and felt this tightness in my jaw at night.   It turned out that my friend Connie, who I have known since 1987, and who lived in Pensacola before I arrived, grinds her teeth at night.   As soon as she told me that, the jaw grinding stopped.  

Monday and my  headache is still there and I’m getting tired of taking IB prophen.  And this headache is really getting on my last nerve now.  I’ve tried everything to cut the psychic connection between my brother and me, but nothing worked.  So I phoned the chiropractor and made an appointment for Tuesday.

By Tuesday evening, David is squeezing hands and opens his eyes now and then.  The doctors say its reflex.  But what if the doctors are wrong?  It wouldn’t be the first time.

 So I take that giant leap and I tell his mom that I think maybe David is experiencing pain at the left neck and at the base of his skull.  David’s mom tells me that David has been having spasms at his left arm and hand and that they quit giving David fenytenal two days ago, to help him gain consciences, since he hasn’t woken up.

Still, after Tuesday’s chiropractor appointment, the pain came back just as loud as before.  So this time I broke out my Louise Hay book on mental causes for physical illness and the metaphysical way to overcome them.  

For instance, Louise says neck pain is the side effect of refusing to see other sides of a question; stubbornness and inflexibility.  Or as I like to say, “Closed minded.”  

When Tuesday night arrived and bedtime came around, I changed my prayer for David from, “Please take away his suffering and help him pass away with grace,” to “Help my brother heal and recover from this ordeal.”

And when Wednesday morning arrived, I prayed again.  This time I asked in the name of our Lord Jesus, “Help my brother recover from this awful nightmare.”

By noon David’s mom text me that David woke up, and he’s responding to commands.  He has a long way to go.  He isn’t talking or moving his arms, and I know he can’t walk.  He hasn’t walked on his own for about a year now I guess.    But talk about a miracle!  This dude’s blowing my mind!   

Louise be blowing my mind too.  I changed my thinking and the way I prayed, and when Thursday came the headache was gone.  After supper, when I began to relax for the evening, my shoulder and neck became a little stiff, but no headache.  

I decided to keep my Friday morning chiropractor appointment.  After all, there apparently was still some physical healing needed.  I shared my little story with my doctor, but she didn’t share in my perspective.  And you might not either.  But you’ll never know if you never try.   Believing is seeing for yourself.

If you’re interested, Louise Hay’s book is called, “Heal Your Body.”  I paid $12.99 for a copy on amazon.com.  Louise will show you how to heal the mind; you’ll still need to see your doctor to heal the physical.   

Science has proven that the mind has power over the body.  If you keep healing and falling to bad health again, you most certainly want to consider changing the way you the think.  



No comments:

Post a Comment