Silent Wisdom

Silent Wisdom
Photo by Kim Schulz

Friday, October 2, 2015

I ME MINE

This past Labor Day Weekend we had a party.  We live in Florida, did not put our swimming pool up this year due to some medical issues.  So to keep it cool, while we cookout and party outside, I came up with a game.  Everyone was asked to bring their squirt guns and water blasters to the party.   Next we had to come up with an idea to give people a reason to get wet.  So we thought of a word that is used often, and came up with the word, “I.” To make it even more interesting I added the words, “Me, mine and my,” to the list of forbidden words.

We had a blast!  Not only was it fun, but we all learned that these words are used quite often in our society.  Most indigenous societies do not know these words of possession.  They use words like we, us and ours.  They do not think in the singular, but instead their thoughts are in regards of the community as a whole.

So today we challenge you to make it your mission to replace these words of possession (I, me, mine, my), with the words that represent your household as a whole (we, us, ours).  Please feel free to leave comments.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment