Silent Wisdom

Silent Wisdom
Photo by Kim Schulz

Thursday, June 16, 2016

RUNNING WITH A GUN & DEALING WITH THE LAW

When I lived in California in the mid to late 80’s, I use to carry a gun, due to the massive highway shootings at that time.  When I relocated to Columbus, Ohio, I came across  drivers so rude that I had to quit carrying my weapon, because I was too scared I was going to shoot someone out of anger.  It happens all the time!  I was becoming one of those people I was originally trying to protect myself from to begin with.  

Enter the law, the universal law of attraction.  No one can outrun the law of attraction.  Just like no one can deny the law of gravity.  It is what it is.  Simply put, what you think, you in turn manifest.  Like a magnet to metal, except you are the magnet, and the thought is the metal. 

When Jesus said, “Live by the sword, die by the sword,” he was speaking about the law of attraction.  The late great Muhammad Ali understood; he said, “What you are thinking about, you are becoming.” 

Let me break it down for you.  When you carry a weapon for protection, your thoughts are saying, “Hey, I need this gun for protection.”  Therefore you are manifesting a need to be protected.  In turn, in order to feel protected, there is a need for someone to threaten you.  So the universe (God, Jesus, Buddha, whatever you call him/her), which will provide for all our needs, will oblige your request.
 
Which brings me to the subject of fear, fear is what prompted me to carry a gun in the first place.  Fear driven emotions cause us to do stupid things, like supporting a war for nothing more than to take control of a nation’s resources (Iraq/Oil); the government used the fear of weapons of mass destruction to gain American support to invade Iraq.  As a result, TSA was a fear driven decision, and so was the National Defense Authorization Act that allows any American citizen to be detained indefinitely, and we waived our constitutional freedoms due to our fear of terrorism.  What one fears, one destroys. 
 
Muhammad Ali understood the concept of fear when he said, “It isn’t the mountains ahead to climb that wear you out; it’s the pebble in your shoe.”  When Ali was referring to the pebble, he was speaking of fear; the fear we tell ourselves when we say we can’t do it, or it’s too hard, I’ll never be able to finish; feeding those negative thoughts, instead of nourishing positive thoughts of accomplishment.
 
This is not an argument for gun control.  But this is a statement as to why we as a nation find ourselves confronted with all of these gun assaults in our schools (places of higher learning) and now in our nightclubs, where we go to have fun and let loose of our worries for a moment.  And not in just any nightclub, but a “gay” nightclub; like rainbow people are a threat.  But apparently to the shooter they were a threat. 
 
Why would he fear gay people?  Most likely he was dealing with issues regarding his own sexuality, and he feared he might be gay.  A lot of people who are dealing with stepping out of the closet deal with anger, it’s a fact.  I know, because I am a lesbian – been there, done that.   
 
For God sakes, our children are growing up scared of the world.  Instead of pumping more fear into them, we should be nourishing them with love and all those other positive attributes, like confidence, bravery and honor.  Teach them to stand tall, without fearing for their lives or what others may think of them. 
 
Whenever you find yourself getting angry ask yourself, “What am I afraid of?”  Realize your fear, but don’t allow your fear to own you.  Change the manner in which you think.  Instead of walking out of your house with a gun strapped to your side, walk out with a smile on your face, and an attitude of helping others in need. 
 
Try some daily affirmations like, “I have no fear, just love,” or “Everyone I meet is friendly and supportive,” or “I am confident and will not allow the judgment of others to bring me down,” or “I can climb that mountain.”  These affirmations work.  You won’t know until you try. 
 
Change the way you think and you will change what it is that you are attracting to you.  Live a peaceful life and you will find peace.  If you’re judgmental of others, they will judge you.  Or live in fear and attract fear.  It’s up to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment