Silent Wisdom

Silent Wisdom
Photo by Kim Schulz

Friday, August 12, 2016

Love, Abundance & Gratitude

It is said that when we fall in love, we fall in love with the world as well.  We’re floating on a cloud and nothing matters more than that happiness high.  When our hearts overflow, with all that love, all most nothing can bring us down.  Even so, if some misfortune was to occur, we find comfort in our new found love. 

But you say, after the years begin to add up, love fades. 

I say to you, that love only seems to fade when we quit thanking the Creator for that love.  Nothing appreciates without gratitude.

Now don’t get me wrong, in the physical world, the word appreciate often refers to an increase in value, and gratitude is nothing more than money.  But in the spiritual world, gratitude is appreciation; an appreciation for happiness, love, and companionship.  Notice money isn’t mentioned in this quest for love and acceptance. 

Money is nothing more than a creation of man; a façade traded for survival.  There is nothing spiritual about it, and if we were truly living as God/Love intended, then there would be no use for money. The spiritual path intended is one where we rely on each others strengths for survival.  Before money was ever invented, we relied on our skills and traded items of necessity. 

The word abundance is often related to financial gain; it means excess.  I try hard to understand this concept of wanting more, but to want more is to say I am unhappy with what I have.  Where’s the gratitude?

Gratitude is not wanting more, it’s being happy with what we have.  Like the word gratitude, man attached a monetary value to the word abundance, and its spiritual meaning was lost long ago.  I believe abundance is the expression of the love and gratitude that we generate that in turn radiates all about us.

I say this because when I stand on my back porch in the summer, and I see all the green leafy plants surrounding me, and all the life dancing around and flying above, the word abundance is what I feel.  So much life everywhere!  I am abundantly grateful. 

In the end, money can’t buy you love, but gratitude can feed you all the love you will ever need.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment