Silent Wisdom

Silent Wisdom
Photo by Kim Schulz

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

WHAT IS FAITH?


Dream Journal Entry -
 I’m in a wooden house. There are people coming and going. There’s a conveyor belt in the middle of the room. It brings water up into the house.
 Next, I’m in the front yard of a stone house, and I want to get to the backyard. Some guy sees me and tells me if I like, I can cut through the house to get to the back yard. I walk into the house and into a large stone room. It’s beautiful. There are two pillars and three windows. The windows are large (from the ceiling to the floor) and facing the backyard. I notice water from the ocean is splashing along the bottom of the windows. I wonder how it is the water does not leak into the house.
 I walk to the windows and look out in awe. There’s a giant conveyor belt that is bringing the water up to the house. There’s children playing and climbing along the rafters. And right before I wake up, the name King Solomon is spoken.
Wood and stone; old and new; evolution - Solomon was the son of David. When David ruled, it was a time of war. But when Solomon reigned it was a time of peace.

The Catholic reading for the date of February 15, 2005; the morning I had the dream:

                Isaiah 55:10-11, “Thus says the Lord: Just as from the heavens the rain and snow come down and do not return there till they have watered the earth, making it fertile and fruitful, giving seed to the one who sows, and bread to the one who eats, so shall my word be that goes forth from my mouth; it shall not return to me void, but shall do my will, achieving the end for which I sent it.”
A friend had asked me why I felt compelled to share my stories. And that is my answer, “I must do what I was sent here to do.”
That’s kind of what faith is all about. It’s about believing in yourself, and in your dreams.  

You are special. You wouldn’t be here today, if you weren’t. I need you. The world needs you! And God is speaking to you. Whether is be in dreams, or the people, places and animals you encounter throughout the day. Life truly is magical, when you learn the language.

There is a poem I found on the Internet long ago.  I have no clue who wrote it.  But it is too great of a lesson not to share.  It is an example of how God speaks to us through His Creation:

                The man whispered, “God, speak to me.” And a meadowlark sang. 
But he man did not hear.
                So the man yelled, “God speak to me!” And the thunder rolled across the sky. 
But the man did not listen.
                Then the man looked around and said, “God, let me see you.”  And a star shined brightly. 
But the man did not notice.
                And the man shouted, “God, show me a miracle!”  And life was born. 
But the man did not know.
                So the man cried out in despair, “Touch me God, and let me know you are here.”  Whereupon, God reached down and touched the man. 
But the man brushed the butterfly away and walked on.

Don't be like the man who brushes the butterfly away.  God does speak to you through His Creation.  You just have to make an effort to learn the language.   Question what you see.  What you dream.  Unplug the computer and the television and any other distractions you have humming around you, and quiet your mind. Sit outside somewhere. Walk barefoot, with your feet touching the Earth, not asphalt or concrete.  Talk to God, it’s the best medicine.

If you would like to know more about how to communicate to the Creator through nature, I recommend a book by Ted Andrews called Animal Speak. 

 If I had to name a book to help you interpret your dreams, I would recommend Betty Bethards, The Dream Book, because it does have a dream dictionary included.  But there are free online dream dictionaries available as well.
And now I say, “Aloha! Water the Earth and make it fertile and fruitful.  Achieve what you were sent here to do.”

No comments:

Post a Comment