Silent Wisdom

Silent Wisdom
Photo by Kim Schulz

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

FINDING TRUE LOVE

September 11th will mark the 16th year since I met my true love.  My story actually begins with a dream, where I seen my future lover in a mirror.  I knew that our paths would cross sometime soon.  And sure enough, when I visited my hometown for the Popcorn Festival, I walked into a bar, and my first glimpse of her was in a mirror; the mirror behind the bar.  I had never seen her in this place before.  But there she was sitting in between to gay men.

I immediately walked over to where she was sitting, and I asked her if she was here with anyone.  She told me she was waiting on her girlfriend.  I smiled big, and I said to her, “Your girlfriend isn’t going to make it tonight.”

She replied with something like, “You sure are sure of yourself.”

That’s when I told her she was meant to be with me, “Mark my words, your girlfriend isn’t going to show up tonight.”

Hours later and sure as the sun shines, her girlfriend didn’t show up.  And the rest is history. 

But it hasn’t always been easy either.  True love or not, all relationships take some work.  And the end question to many love affairs is, “How much?” 

Do you love this special person enough to accept their children as your own?  They are part of the package, you know.  The entire family, ex’s and all; like the children’s jealous and possessive father, and his new wife, as well as the rest of their family.

Do you love enough to sacrifice a piece of your life for the happiness of your significant other?  Do you love enough to support your partner in exceeding their dreams?

Notice the keyword here is “Enough.”  Do you love them enough to . . .?  Or do they love you enough (because a healthy partnership is giving and taking)? 

And for all you single people who haven’t met that special someone yet, don’t give up, just believe.  My love story is one of dreams and magic.  If don’t believe, in the magic of love, then you’ll never know the power of magic.  Which is pretty much true with everything else in life, you have to believe it for it to come true.

I can not imagine a life without my love.  She is my best friend, and all that I am not.  Happy Anniversary Baby!  Thank you for the best sixteen years of my life.  All My Love ~
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment