Silent Wisdom

Silent Wisdom
Photo by Kim Schulz

Friday, October 17, 2014

DREAM INTERPRETATION – The Dancing Bear

Today I want share a dream interpretation with you. 

Yesterday morning I dreamed I was on the beach and in the distance to my left, I seen a bear wondering around the stores and restaurants.  Eventually he finds his way to the other side of the wall, onto the beach.  On his hind legs he chases a white bird flying right above his head. 

Amused, I pointed the bear out to someone else who is sitting on my left.  They find it amusing too. As I turn to walk away, this person tells me, “Don’t be scared.”

I turn back to look, and I see the bear running towards us.  I do not trust the bear; I don’t know if it is friendly or not.

So yesterday I spent the entire morning researching the bear.  And throughout the day, the bear kept popping up on the television and on the Internet.  So I know the bear has a message for me, or has come to help me on my journey in some way.

I discovered the bear symbolizes many things to many different cultures.  At first I grabbed Betty Bethards, The Dream Book, and found that the bear not only signifies strength and power, but also inconsistent emotional energy.  Her book states that the bear can not be trusted; it can be violent or cuddly; charming or crabby.  But I didn’t feel that this was what the dream was trying to tell me, even though the word trust was mentioned in her interpretation. 

Next I grabbed my Animal-Speak book (by Ted Andrews) and read about the bear.  What caught my eye was, “Like birds, the bear is often considered among Native American peoples as kin to humans because, like birds, it (the bear) can walk upon two legs.”

In the dream, the bear was chasing a bird. Which then lead me to a Native American web site that says, “If the bear is standing up, this is a sign that you need to defend your beliefs.”  It also went on to say that the bear is often associated with healing and medicine.

In addition, restaurants and beaches are places of nourishment.  Beaches are also symbols of healing and balance; earth, wind, water and fire.  Birds symbolize balance as well (among other things).

Considering I’ve had to drastically change my diet this week, due to a possible bladder infection, I believe the dream is actually a reflection of what I’m doing now to heal.  The thing is that I don’t truly know if it is a bladder infection (unsure of myself, a trust issue), because I refuse to see a doctor.

Therefore, I believe the dream is telling me that the change in diet will heal me; don’t be scared, you are doing the right thing.  The bear moves from the cement in front of the restaurant and into the sand on the beach; nature.  I’ve been using natural remedies to cure myself.

Next the bear is playing with a bird on the beach; a white bird, which symbolizes purity.  I’m working towards purifying my body. 

I am sitting on the beach, a place of relaxation – relax, your beliefs are justified. 

The most important element of dream interpretation is how did you feel while you were dreaming, or when you first awoke from the dream.  Were you scared, angry, amused, calm, etc.? 

When I awoke from this particular dream, I thought, wow, cool!  I was intrigued, even though I didn’t quite understand the message at that moment.  If I would have felt fearful about the dream, I would treat the dream as a warning to go seek medical assistance instead.

It’s always best to interpret your own dreams.  You can ask a hundred different people to analyze your dream and I guarantee you’ll get a hundred different interpretations.  Only you know what you felt in your heart while dreaming. 

As in the case of the bear, the symbolism can vary widely.  You have to ask yourself, what does the bear mean to me?  And of course, incorporate all the dream symbols.
 
For an online dream dictionary visit - http://www.dreammoods.com/
 

No comments:

Post a Comment