Silent Wisdom

Silent Wisdom
Photo by Kim Schulz

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

HOWLING AT THE MOON

 

If there is one thing that brings about the creepiness of a Halloween night, it is a full moon.  Wolves are often depicted as howling at the moon; the spider has ties to the waxing and waning of the moon; and witches gather for full moon rituals using the energy of the moon to cast their spells. 
 
 
People also seem to be more moody and down right crazy during a full moon.  Considering the moon has a definite affect on the tides, and humans are made up of ninety percent water, it is evident that the moon does have an effect people as well.  It is said that an ideal time to begin a new endeavor or to find a new job is when the moon is waxing.  When he moon is waning, it is a time of releasing and letting go.
 
The moon is a feminine energy making it a manifesting magnet, and a symbol of healing.  One time during a water blessing, I sat on the beach with my legs crossed and the palms of my hands flat against the sand.  I asked the moon to heal the Earth through me, and it was among the most incredible meditations I have ever experienced.  I could feel the energy of the moon penetrating the crown of my head, and I could feel the Earth through my hands rotating and breathing.  There really are no words to describe the total experience.  But I can say afterwards all I could do was smile. 
 
In Longfellow’s, the Golden Legend, the archangel Gabriel is depicted as the angel of the moon, who brings man the gift of hope.  The association is validated considering the moon lights up the dark skies of night.  And after witnessing the devastation of the largest environmental disaster in the United States, in the Gulf of Mexico, I can say without any doubt that the moon has certainly given me hope that we can heal the Earth of all the wrong we have done to her.
 
The following video contains information regarding the moon and Indigenous Prophecy:
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment