Silent Wisdom

Silent Wisdom
Photo by Kim Schulz

Thursday, October 2, 2014

THE MYSTERY OF THE CROW

I love October and the Spirit of Halloween.  So today I’m going to blog about one of the most misunderstood birds, the black and mystical crow.  The crow is also one of my favorite birds.  Personally, I call crows “Watchers,” because they always seem to watch out for what is ahead, and then they warn me to keep an eye open.

Here’s an example.  One day I was on my way to work.  As I pulled onto an onramp that leads to the freeway, I saw a crow sitting on a speed limit sign, right there on the onramp. 

I thought to myself, I know there’s a cop sitting ahead; he’s there every morning.  So what are you trying to tell me crow?

As I pulled onto the freeway, I noticed the cop wasn’t sitting in his usual place, so I began to put the pedal to the metal.  And right at that moment, I thought, look behind you.  And as sure as the sun shines, there he was, a state highway patrolman driving directly behind me.  I gave thanks to the crow right away, because if it wasn’t for the crow, I would have had a speeding ticket for sure.

Here’s another example.  One day I pulled up to an ATM machine to get some cash, and all I heard the entire time I was at the machine was this crow calling out loudly.  I thought this is a sign for sure, because he wouldn’t shut up.

After I collected my money, I pulled out to where I could see what was going on.  And here’s this big boisterous crow shouting at this little bird who was only trying to protect his home.  The crow was within two feet of this little bird.  I yelled at the crow, “Dude, leave that little bird alone.”

The next morning I was standing outside wondering what the crow was trying to tell me, when I seen three crows in the top of a big live oak tree across the street.  It looked like they were nesting there.  Suddenly, the three of them flew north. 

Now I knew what they were saying.  They were warning me that someone back home, up north in was in trouble.

So I called my mom and I asked her if everyone was alright, and she said yes everyone was doing fine.  Still, I knew something bad was going to happen to a loved one.

And about a week or two later, my brother-in-law’s heart stopped beating.  He was sitting in the living room by himself, while my sister was in the kitchen cooking, and their nineteen year old daughter was in her bedroom.  He just stopped breathing; he didn’t have a chance ask for help. 

If it wasn’t for my sister following her intuition, he could have died.  Luckily there were two of them in the house to perform CPR.  It took EMS ten minutes to get to their home; and they still had to zap my brother-in-law to bring him back to life.

What is even more intriguing is that they had a friend who dreamed he had seen the angel of death looking into their living room window.  This was also foretold. 

Afterwards, I understood the crow was trying to tell me, a nest of three; the protector/man of the nest/home.  Like the crow stalking the little bird protecting his home, death had been stalking my brother-in-law.


Crows know that if an owl discovers their nest, the
 night time can become deadly.  Owls are the crow
worse enemy.
We are foretold things for a reason.  I began praying for the angels to watch over my family, when I first realized what the crow was trying to tell me.  And I’m sure my mom was praying at that time as well, because of the phone call I had made to her.  In addition, their friend who had the dream was also praying for my sister’s family, I’m sure.  All of these people praying for protection.  With all of those prayers being said before hand, I’m sure we may have all prevented a disaster.

So you see the crow has been a good friend to me.  They are very intelligent birds; they are not evil.  The crow is a symbol of creation, which fits the Halloween season.  Everyone gets creative with customs and decorations; imaginations run wild.  I just love it!

Happy Halloween!  Make it fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment